As you may know, I had my birthday in July, and I turned 25. So before any of you want to get in here with jokes about how old I am, let me just get this out of the way:
YES I AM A QUARTER OF A CENTURY OLD HAHAHAHA LET’S ALL LAUGH HEARTILY AT HOW OLD I AM. (Seriously though, how fun was Freaky Friday? I bet they had a great time filming that.)
Now that we have established my oldness, I would like to share with you a list of things I’ve learned over the years. Some of them are random, some of them are funny, and some of them are genuinely helpful. I hope you like them.
- Kindness will get you further in life, with yourself and with others.
- “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Albus Dumbledore
- No one really knows what they’re doing. Some people are just better at pretending.
- Drink plenty of water.
- “When in doubt, go for the dick joke.” – Robin Williams
- If life is a roller coaster, adulthood is that part when you’re hanging over the edge and you’re filled with anxiety and dread.
- There will always be bad days, and that’s okay.
- Cows have best friends.
- “Whatever makes you weird is probably your greatest asset.” – Joss Whedon
- When all else fails, a sense of humour will keep you going.
- Wearing cotton is much better than wearing polyester.
- We could all learn a thing or two from sloths.
- “It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- Escape from reality is just a book away.
- You’re never too old for Disney.
- Dogs are too good for this world and we don’t deserve them.
- “You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” – Jim Carrey
- A good night’s sleep is a heavenly thing.
- Think of three good things that happened to you every day.
- Put your phone down a little more often.
- “Comparison is the thief of joy.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- Whenever you feel sad, just think about how delighted Arthur Weasley would be to meet you.
- When you have an idea at night, for the love of everything that is holy, WRITE IT DOWN. You will not remember it in the morning.
- Take care of yourself first.
- “If you liked being a teenager, there’s something really wrong with you.” – Stephen King
So yes, 25 things I have learned in 25 years. Do you agree with these – have you learned them on your road as well?
Honestly, though, 25 is supposed to be such an “adult” age, but I don’t feel like an adult at all. I will definitely keep looking for higher-level adults if there’s any adulting to be done. But to celebrate my years on this planet, I’ve decided to host a giveaway! I’m giving away a book of choice up to $15 to two winners, and this is international as long as The Book Depository ships to you. Good luck!
What’s something you’ve learned over the years?